Christopher J. Centeno, M.D. is an international expert and specialist in regenerative medicine and the clinical use of mesenchymal stem cells in orthopedics. He is board certified in physical medicine as well as rehabilitation and in pain management through the American Board of Anesthesia.
Dr. Centeno is one of the few physicians in the world with extensive experience in the culture expansion of and clinical use of adult stem cells to treat orthopedic injuries. His clinic incorporates a variety of revolutionary pain management techniques to bring its broad patient base relief and results. Dr. Centeno treats patients from all over the US who travel to Colorado to under-go innovative, non-surgical treatments. Dr. Centeno has chaired multiple international research based conferences. He also maintains an active research based practice, with multiple publications listed in the US National Library of Medicine. Dr. Centeno has also served as editor-in-chief of a medical research journal dedicated to traumatic injury.
Dr. Centeno trained at the Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Medical Center and the Institute for Rehabilitation Research. He hails from both Florida and New York and currently resides in Boulder, Colorado with his wife and three children.
Florida State University; Tallahassee, Florida, Cum Laude in Chemistry
University of South Florida; Tampa, Florida
Baylor College of Medicine/The Institute for Rehab Research, Physical medicine and rehabilitation
Presbyterian/St. Luke Hospitals. Denver, Colorado
1993-Present-State of Colorado
1990-1993-State of Texas
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, American Academy of Physical Medicine
Pain Medicine-American Board of Medical Specialties
Stem Cell Related Conference Presentations:
- June 2006-Autologous Mesenchymal Stem Cells Reimplants for Joint Injury Repair. International Whiplash Trauma Congress. Portland, Oregon.
- November 2007- Autologous Mesenchymal Stem Cell Reimplantation for Musculoskeletal Repair. International Whiplash Trauma Congress. Miami, Florida
- May 2008- Autologous Mesenchymal Stem Cell Reimplantation for Musculoskeletal Repair: Case Reports and Review of Imaging. Age Management Medicine Conference on Exercise and . Boca Raton, Florida.
- July 2008- Autologous Mesenchymal Stem Cell Reimplantation for Musculoskeletal Repair: Case Reports and Review of Imaging. 16th Annual Congress on Anti-Aging Medicine and Regenerative Biomedical Technologies Washington, D.C.
- August 2008- Autologous Mesenchymal Stem Cell Re-implantation for Lumbar Disc Disease. Florida Academy of Pain Management-25th Annual Conference and Scientific Seminar. Orlando, Florida.
- December 2008- Autologous Mesenchymal Stem Cell Re-implantation for Musculoskeletal Repair: Case Reports and Review of Imaging. 16th Annual Congress on Anti-Aging Medicine and Regenerative Biomedical Technologies. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- April 2009- Regenerative Medicine 3.0 using Autologous Stem Cells. 26th Annual American Academy of Orthopedic Medicine Conference. Palm Springs, CA
- July 2009-Autologous Mesenchymal Stem Cell Reimplantation for Degenerative Disc Disease. Florida Academy of Pain Management-26th Annual Conference and Scientific Seminar. Palm Beach, Florida
- August 2009-Regenerative Medicine 3.0 using Autologous Stem Cells-American Association of Orthopedic Medicine-Prolotherapy/Restorative Injection Therapy Workshop-Denver, Colorado
- September 2009- Autologous Mesenchymal Stem Cell Reimplantation for in Orthopedics. 17th Annual World Congress on Anti-Aging Medicine and Regenerative Biomedical Technologies-Stem Cell Clinical Summit, San Jose CA
- November 2009-ICMS Treatment Registry Methodology-International Cellular Medicine Society Annual Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada
- November 2009-The Use of Stem Cells in Orthopedic Injuries-International Cellular Medicine Society Annual Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada
- April 2010-Orthopedics 2.0-The Use of Adult Stem Cells for Athletic Injuries-Rocky Mountain Athletic Trainers Association, Denver, Colorado
- April 2010-Vetting World Stem Cell Therapies-Clinical Application for Age Management-Age Management Medicine Group, Boca Raton, Florida
- May 2010-The Development of Stem Cells for Pain Management Procedures, Florida Society of Interventional Pain Practitioners Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida
- June 2010-Orthopedics 2.0-The Use of Stem Cells in Orthopedic Injuries, WorldLink Medical Symposium, Salt Lake City, Utah
- June 2010-Vetting World Stem Cell Therapies, WorldLink Medical Symposium, Salt Lake City, Utah
- July 2010-Stem Cells in Pain Management, Florida Academy of Pain Management, West Palm Beach, Florida