Every year, millions of people undergo painful and expensive spine surgeries, or subject themselves to the risk of high dose epidural steroid injections. Frequently, surgery does not help their original pain, and they are left with other painful conditions such as decreased back motion, diminished activity levels, and chronic muscle spasms. Those who choose epidural injections typically experience minimal short term relief, but expose themselves to serious longer term side effects. Regenexx spine procedures are advanced platelet injection procedures that can help restore function and provide relief from pain. These procedures are minimally invasive with a very short recovery period.
Commonly Treated Back, Neck and Disc Injuries and Conditions
- Annular Tear
- Arthritis of the Spine
- Bone Spurs
- Bulging Disc
- Canal Stenosis
- Collapsed Disc
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Degenerative Joint Disease
- Degenerative Spine
- Disc Extrusion
- Disc Protrusion
- Facet Disease
- Facet Syndrome
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Foraminal Narrowing
- Foraminal Stenosis
- Herniated Disc
- Herniated Nucleus Pulposus (HNP)
- Pinched Nerve
- Radiating Nerve Pain
- Ruptured Disc
- SI Joint Syndrome
- Slipped Disc
- Spinal Narrowing
- Spinal Stenosis
- Torn Disc
- Back Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Disc Pain
- Neck Pain
- Nerve Pain
- Neurogenic Claudication
Benefits of Regenexx over Back/Neck Surgery & Epidural Steroid Injections:
- Most low back and neck surgery patients endure lengthy and painful recovery periods. Typically, Regenexx patients can immediately return to activity as tolerated.
- Traditional low back and neck surgeries cut through important muscles and have high complication rates. Depending on the type of surgery, serious complications can be as high as 3-5 people in 100. Since Regenexx procedures are performed through an injection, there is no damage to important spine muscles and the opportunity for complications is greatly decreased.
- Platelets contain growth factors that can help new blood vessels grow. We believe poor blood supply is at the heart of why many patients with chronically pinched low back nerves fail to heal. While traditional surgery typically weakens the disc and surrounding structure, Regenexx procedures are intended to help heal damaged discs and supportive tissues.
- Regenexx patients avoid the significant side-effects associated with high dose steroid epidural injections. The amount of anti-inflammatory used in our procedures is about 1,000,000 times less than traditional lumbar epidural steroid injections.
- In our decade long experience, stem cells can help patients who have painful discs and can help reduce the size of disc bulges without surgery.
Regenexx PL-Disc for Lower Back/Neck, Buttock, and Leg/Arm Pain Relief
Regenexx PL-Disc is an advanced platelet injection procedure that can offer relief from lower back or neck pain, buttock and leg pain, or numbness and tingling in the arms, hands, legs or feet. It provides a non-surgical treatment alternative for patients suffering from bulging discs and herniated cervical, thoracic, or lumbar disc related problems.
Why it’s better than an epidural:
An epidural is an injection that places steroid medication around irritated or inflamed nerves in the spine. While they do help patients avoid surgery, epidurals use very high dose steroids which can reduce the body’s ability to heal and cause severe side effects.
Regenexx PL-disc procedure is a minimally invasive alternative to an epidural injection that offers a very limited recovery period. It uses natural growth factors from the patient’s own body, derived from blood platelets, and can help a patient avoid surgery without the negative side effects of steroids.
Regenexx-DDD for Degenerative Disc Disease
Regenexx-DDD is an extension of PL-Disc and is used to treat degenerative disc disease and other conditions where spinal ligaments and stabilizers have weakened and become lax. To learn more about why this is important view this Regenexx-DDD infographic.
The Regenexx-DDD procedure is a non-surgical treatment option for patients suffering from degenerative lumbar, thoracic, or cervical discs. The procedure is intended to help patients avoid spinal fusion surgery or frequent high dose steroid epidural injections and their side effects. Regenexx-DDD is designed to treat the cause of pain with ultra-precise spinal injections of Platelet Lysates (PL) or stem cells if needed. These injections are derived from the patient’s own growth factors and are inserted into the ligaments to treat spinal instability resulting from Degenerative Disc Disease.
Regenexx-DDD procedure addresses all 3 aspects of Degenerative Disc Disease.
- Bulging discs irritate nerves
- Lax ligaments cause sloppy movement and lead to bone spurs
- Painful spine joints called facets
Why it’s better than fusion surgery or high dose steroid epidural injections:
Fusion surgery is a highly invasive procedure and is more likely to cause complications (complications occur in 36% of fusion patients). 76% still required narcotics for pain and missed 3 times as much work as those who didn’t have surgery.
How do Platelet Lysates work?
Platelet Lysates are used to reduce swelling and pain in patients with bulging or herniated discs pressing on their nerves, or when a patient’s nerves have become trapped and need to be hydro-dissected through exacting injection under utra-sound guidance.
Our physicians create Regenexx-PL (Platelet Lysates) from Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) by cracking open the platelets to allow all of the growth factors to be immediately available to your body. This promotes prompt healing in the affected area of the body and avoids the excess inflammation sometimes caused by the use of PRP in these areas.
Pain is often misidentified as originating from bulging or herniated discs. Our treatment protocol addresses as many factors as possible to gain insight into the true cause of the problem. We will identify the most probable source of pain and bathe the affected disc in pure growth factors that initiate a natural healing repair process.
Are You a Candidate for Regenexx Procedures?
If you are experiencing pain and discomfort from a spine condition, you may be a candidate for treatment using our next-generation procedures. Please complete the Regenexx Procedure Candidate Form below or call us at 888-525-3005.