The Regenexx PL-Disc procedure is a non-surgical treatment developed to help patients avoid lower back surgery and high dose epidural steroid side effects. The procedure utilizes the patient’s own natural growth factors to treat bulging lumbar disc and herniated lumbar disc related problems.
Every year, millions of people undergo painful and expensive lumbar spine surgeries, or subject themselves to the risk of high dose epidural steroid injections. Frequently, surgery does not help their original pain, and they are left with other painful conditions such as decreased back motion, diminished activity levels, and chronic muscle spasms. Those who choose epidural injections typically experience minimal short term relief, but expose themselves to serious longer term side effects. Regenexx PL-Disc is an advanced platelet injection procedure that can offer relief from lower back pain, buttock and leg pain, or numbness and tingling in the legs or feet. It is minimally invasive with a very limited recovery period.
Back and Spine Conditions Commonly Treated with Regenexx Procedures
The list below represents the most commonly treated back and spine conditions using Regenexx stem cell or platelet procedures.
This is not a complete list, so please contact us or complete the Regenexx Candidate Form if you have questions about whether you or your condition can be treated with these non-surgical procedures.
- Lumbar facet injury
- Herniated or bulging disc
- Radiculopathy (pinched nerve)
- SI Joint Syndrome
- Cervical instability
- Cervical facet injury
- Neck, back or rib instability
Help Avoid Epidural Steroid Side Effects & Back Surgery:
- Most low back surgery patients endure lengthy and painful recovery periods. The Regenexx PL-Disc procedure is an out-patient “walk-in/walk-out” injection procedure where patients can immediately return to activity as tolerated.
- Traditional low back surgery can cut through important muscles and has a high complication rate. Depending on the type of surgery, serious complications can be as high as 3-5 people in 100. Since the Regenexx PL-Disc procedure is performed through an injection, there is no damage to important back muscles. The possibility for complications are similar to other types of injections.
- Platelets contain growth factors that can help new blood vessels grow. We believe poor blood supply is at the heart of why many patients with chronically pinched low back nerves fail to heal. While traditional low back surgery typically weakens the disc, the Regenexx PL-Disc procedure may aide in healing the disc.
- Because of the ability of platelets to help healing, the amount of anti-inflammatory used in this procedure is about 1,000,000 times less than traditional lumbar epidural steroid injections. This special nanogram dose is similar to the normal physiologic dose of anti-inflammatories usually found in your body and in animal studies has shown to help stem cell function, rather than inhibit it like high dose steroids. Regenexx PL-Disc can help patients avoid the many risks associated with high dose steroid epidural injections.
- Unlike PRP, which based on our lab experience causes stem cells in culture to grow less quickly, platelet lysate quickly accelerates stem cell growth. This is because all of the growth factors in the platelets become immediately available to the local stem cells.
Are You a Candidate for the Regenexx PL-Disc Procedure?
If you are experiencing pain and discomfort from a bulging disc, you may be a candidate for treatment using the Regenexx-PL Disc procedure. Please complete the Regenexx Procedure Candidate Form below or call us at 303-495-4014, or Toll Free at 1-888-525-3005. We will typically contact you within 24-48 hours of receiving your initial information.